Subject: [v6ops] Why operators filter IPv6 packets with extension headers?

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 22:17:42 -0300

Folks,

The topic of operators dropping IPv6 packets containing extension
headers has been raised quite a few times on this list and elsewhere.

A month ago or so we published a document trying to summarize the
reasons for which operators filter IPv6 packets containing extension
headers. The document is available at:
<https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops-00.txt>

We're currently working on a revision of this document, and would like
to hear feedback from the working group regarding our document. e.g.,

* Did we get anything wrong?
* Is there anything missing?

Or, if you like the document and agree with its content, that's also
interesting feedback to have.

Thanks!

Best regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1