Subject: [v6ops] Barry Leiba's Abstain on draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 19:07:43 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-02: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going with Álvaro here: it would be better to merge this into
whatever other document the working group is considering, and to have
this as a draft or in the working group wiki in the meantime.

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 00:22:32 -0700

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world/

the other draft is

draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops-03

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops/

a think an actual consenus it likely to be hard won, but we're also no
there yet frankly. wheras the observations are unambiguous even if the
conclusions potentially are not.