Subject: [v6ops] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-02.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 09:41:10 -0700

Hi,

In this version we added a section (2.3) discussing some of the
proposed alternatives suggested in IPv6 to accomplish network
virtualization without encapsulation (namely use of flow label or
extension header). Also, a method is defined to do checksum-neutral
ILA translation modeled after that in RFC6296 (section 4.4).

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 9:22 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-02.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-nvo3-ila
Revision:       02
Title:          Identifier-locator addressing for network virtualization
Document date:  2016-03-14
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          34
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-nvo3-ila/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-02
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-02

Abstract:
   This specification describes identifier-locator addressing (ILA) in
   IPv6 for network virtualization. Identifier-locator addressing
   differentiates between location and identity of a network node. Part
   of an address expresses the immutable identity of the node, and
   another part indicates the location of the node which can be dynamic.
   Identifier-locator addressing can be used to efficiently implement
   overlay networks for network virtualization

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat