Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 01:30:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Conditional Router Advertisements for Enterprise Multihoming
        Authors         : Jen Linkova
                          Massimiliano Stucchi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-06-18

Abstract:
   This document discusses the most common scenarios of connecting an
   enterprise network to multiple ISPs using an address space assigned
   by an ISP.  The problem of enterprise multihoming without address
   translation of any form has not been solved yet as it requires both
   the network to select the correct egress ISP based on the packet
   source address and hosts to select the correct source address based
   on the desired egress ISP for that traffic.  The "ietf-rtgwg-
   enterprise-pa-multihoming" document proposes a solution to this
   problem by introducing a new routing functionality (Source Address
   Dependent Routing) to solve the uplink selection issue and using
   Router Advertisements to influence the host source address selection.
   While the above-mentioned document focuses on solving the general
   problem and on covering various complex use cases, this document
   adopts the approach proposed in the "ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-
   multihoming" draft to provide a solution for a limited number of
   common use cases.  In particular, the focus is on scenarios where an
   enterprise network has two Internet uplinks used either in primary/
   backup mode or simultaneously and hosts in that network might not yet
   properly support multihoming as described in RFC8028.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/