Subject: [v6ops] New Version Notification for draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-03.txt

From: Richard Patterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 17:22:15 +0100

Version -03 of draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health has now been uploaded.
Thanks to Med, Jean-Yves and Dusan for their review and comments.

The noteworthy changes since -02 include:
 - Added DHCP option flag to force ARP/ND for health checks.
 - Populated IANA Considerations.
 - Added Retry Interval distinct timer for between failed checks.
 - Added default parameter values.

-Richard

On 29/06/2018, 17:14, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

    A new version of I-D, draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-03.txt
    has been successfully submitted by Richard Patterson and posted to the
    IETF repository.

    Name:           draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health
    Revision:       03
    Title:          IP over Ethernet (IPoE) Session Health Checking
    Document date:  2018-06-29
    Group:          Individual Submission
    Pages:          15
    URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-03.txt
    Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health/
    Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-03
    Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health
    Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-03

    Abstract:
       PPP over Ethernet clients have the functionality to detect path
       unavailability by using PPP Keepalives.  IP over Ethernet does not
       have this functionality, and it is not specified in the IETF when an
       IP over Ethernet client should consider its WAN connectivity down,
       unless there is a physical layer link down event.

       This document describes a mechanism for IP over Ethernet clients to
       achieve connectivity validation, similar to that of PPP over
       Ethernet, by using BFD Echo, or ARP and Neighbor Discovery functions.

    Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
    until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

    The IETF Secretariat