Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 01:33:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge Routers to Support IPv4 Connectivity as-a-Service
        Authors         : Jordi Palet Martinez
                          Hans M.-H. Liu
                          Masanobu Kawashima
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-06-13

Abstract:
   This document specifies the IPv4 service continuity requirements for
   an IPv6 Customer Edge (CE) router, either provided by the service
   provider or thru the retail market.

   Specifically, this document extends the "Basic Requirements for IPv6
   Customer Edge Routers" in order to allow the provisioning of IPv6
   transition services for the support of "IPv4 as-a-Service" (IPv4aaS)
   by means of new transition mechanisms.  The document only covers
   transition technologies for delivering IPv4 in IPv6-only access
   networks, commonly called "IPv4 as-a-Service" (IPv4aaS), as required
   in a world where IPv4 addresses are no longer available, so hosts in
   the customer LANs with IPv4-only or IPv6-only applications or
   devices, requiring to communicate with IPv4-only services at the
   Internet, are still able to do so.

   In order to be able to prioritize, in a uniform way, among all the
   transition mechanisms, and to enable the service provider to enable/
   disable them, this document updates RFC8026.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 10:38:21 +0200

Hi all,

This is an updated version (-02) of 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas/?include_text=1

Main changes are depicted in ANNEX D:

   1.  TRANS requirements reworked in order to increase operator control

       and allow gradual transitioning from dual-stack to IPv6-only on

       specific customers.

   2.  New TRANS requirement so all the supported transition mechanisms

       are disabled by default, in order to facilitate the operator

       management.

   3.  New TRANS requirement in order to allow turning on/off each

       transition mechanism by the user.

   4.  Clarification on how to obtain multiple /64 for 464XLAT.

   5.  S46 priority update to RFC8026 for including 464XLAT and related

       changes in several sections.

Regards,

Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----

De: v6ops <[email-masked]> en nombre de <[email-masked]>

Fecha: miércoles, 13 de junio de 2018, 10:33

Para: <[email-masked]>

CC: <[email-masked]>

Asunto: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-02.txt

                              Hans M.-H. Liu

                              Masanobu Kawashima

    	Pages           : 20

    	Date            : 2018-06-13

    Abstract:

    

    

    _______________________________________________

    v6ops mailing list

    [email-masked]

    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops

**********************************************
IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.consulintel.es
The IPv6 Company

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.