Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 01:44:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge Routers to Support IPv4 Connectivity as-a-Service
        Authors         : Jordi Palet Martinez
                          Hans M.-H. Liu
                          Masanobu Kawashima
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-09.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2018-10-05

Abstract:
   This document specifies the IPv4 service continuity requirements for
   an IPv6 Customer Edge (CE) router, either provided by the service
   provider or through the retail market.

   Specifically, this document extends the "Basic Requirements for IPv6
   Customer Edge Routers" in order to allow the provisioning of IPv6
   transition services for the support of "IPv4 as-a-Service" (IPv4aaS)
   by means of new transition mechanisms.  The document only covers
   transition technologies for delivering IPv4 in IPv6-only access
   networks, commonly called "IPv4 as-a-Service" (IPv4aaS).  This is
   required in a world where public IPv4 addresses are no longer
   available for every possible customer.  However, devices or
   applications in the customer LANs may be IPv4-only or IPv6-only and
   still need to communicate with IPv4-only services at the Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 10:50:34 +0200

Hi all,

In discussions with the AD and co-chairs, we decided to post a new version with mainly editorial changes in order to clarify some text.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas/?include_text=1

Main change, not affecting the scope neither the intent of the document, was to break down between transition requirements and config steps in section 3.2.:

General transition requirements:
 
   TRANS-1:  The IPv6 Transition CE Router MUST support the DHCPv6 S46
             priority options described in [RFC8026] (Unified IPv4-in-
             IPv6 Softwire Customer Premises Equipment (CPE): A
             DHCPv6-Based Prioritization Mechanism).
 
   TRANS-2:  The IPv6 Transition CE Router MUST have a GUI, CLI and/or
             API option to manually enable/disable each of the supported
             transition mechanisms.
 
   TRANS-3:  If an IPv6 Transition CE Router supports more than one LAN
             subnet, the IPv6 Transition CE Router MUST allow
             appropriate subnetting and configuring the address space
             (which may depend on each transition mechanism) among the
             several interfaces.  In some transition mechanisms, this
             may require differentiating mappings/translations per
             interfaces.
 
   In order to allow the service provider to disable all the transition
   mechanisms and/or choose the most convenient one, the IPv6 Transition
   CE Router MUST follow the following configuration steps:
 
   CONFIG-1:  Request the relevant configuration options for each
              supported transition mechanisms, which MUST remain
              disabled at this step.
 
   CONFIG-2:  Following Section 1.4 of [RFC8026], MUST check for a valid
              match in OPTION_S46_PRIORITY, which allows enabling/
              disabling a transition mechanism.
 
   CONFIG-3:  Keep disabled all the transition mechanisms if no match is
              found between the priority list and the candidate list.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: v6ops <[email-masked]> en nombre de <[email-masked]>
Responder a: <[email-masked]>
Fecha: viernes, 5 de octubre de 2018, 10:46
Para: <[email-masked]>
CC: <[email-masked]>
Asunto: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-09.txt

    
    Abstract:

    

    
    
    _______________________________________________
    v6ops mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops

**********************************************
IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.consulintel.es
The IPv6 Company

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.