Subject: [v6ops] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs-00.txt

From: Davey Song <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 15:12:05 +0800

Hi folks,

A new version of NHE was submited. it takes plance of
draft-v6ops-xie -network-happyeyeballs-00  with another name
draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs-00  to fit the ID naming rule.

In this version we change it largely focusing on IPv6 performance
measurement, IPv6 failure report (contributed by Jordi) and a use case as
a  work around by delaying AAAA record response.

Comments are welcome.

Best regards,
Davey
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 at 15:05
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs-00.txt
To: Chongfeng Xie <[email-masked]>, Jordi Palet Martinez <
[email-masked]>, Linjian Song <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Linjian Song and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs
Revision:       00
Title:          Network-side Happy Eyeballs based on accurate IPv6
measurement
Document date:  2018-10-22
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          11
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs

Abstract:
   During the period of IPv6 transition, both ISPs and ICPs (Internet
   Content Providers) care about user's experience in dual-stack
   networks.  They hesitate to provide IPv6 to their users due to the
   fear of poor IPv6 performance.  Network-based Happy Eyeballs (NHE) is
   proposed in this memo as an approach to facilitate ISPs to identify
   IPv6 connectivity issues and provide better connectivity to end
   users.  NHE does accurate measurements and comparison on IPv6/IPv4
   performance on the network side compared with client-side as in Happy
   Eyeballs v2 (HEv2) [RFC8305].  It works independently with client's
   adoption of HEv2 and both coexist without conflicting.

   REMOVE BEFORE PUBLICATION: The source of the document with test
   script is currently placed at GitHub [NHE-GitHub].  Comments and pull
   request are welcome.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat