Subject: [v6ops] Discuss draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 21:59:29 -0800

This is updated from draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs, which has been previously discussed. The authors requested time at the recent IETF meeting and were declined, but they would still like working group feedback on their draft.

---

From: Davey Song <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 15:39:57 +0800

Appriciated!  I just submited 01 version by clearing some typoes from old
txt. The attached file is the slides I prepared for last meetings. But I
failed to preset it due to tight schedule.

The thing I would like emphsize here is the result I did with a simple test
on my android phone. It is found that that less than 1/3 DNS queries on
android implement HEv2.  And the average of AAAA and A query duration is
400ms. And the median is 200ms. That means 2/3 users will fallback to IPv6
enduring that kind of delay.

The co-authors plan to firstly develop a data capture and analysis  process
which can help to study the status of current HEv2 in ISPs (similar to test
I do on my phone). We need more data for a valid problems statement as the
starting point. We also would like to invite more ISP operators to share
their data to see if they have the same problem or not.

Thanks for anyone who views this draft and give us suggestions.
Davey

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 at 13:59, Fred Baker <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This is updated from draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs, which has been
> previously discussed. The authors requested time at the recent IETF meeting
> and were declined, but they would still like working group feedback on
> their draft.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops
>