Subject: [v6ops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-11.txt> (Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge Routers to Support IPv4 Connectivity as-a-Service) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 15:30:29 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document: - 'Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge
Routers to Support IPv4
   Connectivity as-a-Service'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-11.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-12-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the IPv4 service continuity requirements for
   an IPv6 Customer Edge (CE) router, either provided by the service
   provider or through the retail market.

   Specifically, this document extends the "Basic Requirements for IPv6
   Customer Edge Routers" in order to allow the provisioning of IPv6
   transition services for the support of "IPv4 as-a-Service" (IPv4aaS)
   by means of new transition mechanisms.  The document only covers
   transition technologies for delivering IPv4 in IPv6-only access
   networks, commonly called "IPv4 as-a-Service" (IPv4aaS).  This is
   necessary because there aren't sufficient IPv4 addresses available
   for every possible customer/device.  However, devices or applications
   in the customer LANs may be IPv4-only or IPv6-only and still need to
   communicate with IPv4-only services at the Internet.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.