Subject: [v6ops] Kernel implementation of DANIR for IoT Router - DHCPv6-PD and ND

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:21:46 +0200

Hi,

The kernel implementation of DANIR for IoT Router was finally working a 
few weeks ago.

It is an implementation of draft-shytyi-v6ops-danir-03.txt.  This is the 
right thing to do, instead of '64share' RFC7278.

In this video one can see the kernel in the IoT Router issues a DHCPv6 
PD request on its egress and obtains a /56; it then makes several /64s 
out of it and subsequently sends RAs with these on the ingress interfaces.

The DHCPv6 server is took off-the-shelf.  The PDP part is not present in 
the IoT Router, but we expect it to work ok on a ptp link on a cellular 
network to a smartphone.

The video recorded the virtual machines output on the IoT Router 
(featured below), the Client device behind it, and the DHCPv6-PD server.

https://youtu.be/DymVQY7bCUM

Yours,

Alexandre PETRESCU and Dmytro SHYTYI

PS: we will soon post the source code on github.

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:29:37 +0200

It also add the necessary routes in the kernel (not only does it 
DHCPv6-PD and ND).

Alex

Le 16/09/2019 à 09:21, Alexandre Petrescu a écrit :
> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops
>

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 10:15:57 +0200

https://github.com/dmytroshytyi/KD6-DHCPv6-PD-DANIR

This is the open source implementation of our draft.

Yours,

Alex and Dmytro

Le 16/09/2019 à 09:29, Alexandre Petrescu a écrit :
>> The kernel implementation of DANIR for IoT Router was finally working 
>> a few weeks ago.
>>
>> It is an implementation of draft-shytyi-v6ops-danir-03.txt.  This is 
>> the right thing to do, instead of '64share' RFC7278.
>>
>> The DHCPv6 server is took off-the-shelf.  The PDP part is not present 
>> in the IoT Router, but we expect it to work ok on a ptp link on a 
>> cellular network to a smartphone.
>>