Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-nd-cache-init-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 14:13:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Neighbor Cache Entries on First-Hop Routers: Operational Considerations
        Author          : Jen Linkova
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-nd-cache-init-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2019-12-10

Abstract:
   Neighbor Discovery (RFC4861) is used by IPv6 nodes to determine the
   link-layer addresses of neighboring nodes as well as to discover and
   maintain reachability information.  This document discusses how the
   neighbor discovery state machine on a first-hop router is causing
   user-visible connectivity issues when a new (not being seen on the
   network before) IPv6 address is being used.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-nd-cache-init/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-nd-cache-init-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-nd-cache-init-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-nd-cache-init-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Jen Linkova <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 09:21:30 +1100

The main changes in -01 are based on what  Dave Thaler said at the mic
at IETF106:
1) the possible solutions list is updated with 'dataplane packets from
new addresses triggers address resolution'.
2) all approaches ex. the one suggested are moved to a dedicated
section, 'Solutions Considered but Discarded'.

Dave, I know you think we shall completely remove that text but IMHO
it would be beneficial to have Cons documented - especially taking
into account some vendor have implemented those features already. (I
also forgot to mention you in the Ack section and that will be fixed
in -02 ;)

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 9:14 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops

-- 
SY, Jen Linkova aka Furry