Subject: [v6ops] AD review of draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 16:07:46 -0400

Hi there authors and WG,

Thank you for this document - it is clear, useful, and addresses a real issue...

I do have some nits that I'd like addressed before starting IETF LC...

O: The lifetime values of prefixes advertised on the LAN-side via
SLAAC must be dynamically updated (rather than static values), since
otherwise the advertised lifetimes would eventually span past the
DHCPv6-PD lifetimes.
P: The lifetime values of prefixes advertised on the LAN-side via
SLAAC must be dynamically updated (rather than static values),
otherwise the advertised lifetimes would eventually span past the
DHCPv6-PD lifetimes.
C: Dropped 'since' - unnecessary and makes the sentence harder to parse.

O: This document RECOMMENDS that CE router set the Router
P: This document RECOMMENDS that CE routers set the Router

O: The Valid Lifetime and Preferred Lifetime of PIOs have direct
impact on three different aspect
P: The Valid Lifetime and Preferred Lifetime of PIOs have A direct
impact on three different aspects
(x2)

O: for at least the WAN-side DHCPv6-PD valid-lifetime, or for period
of ND_VALID_LIMIT
P: for at least the WAN-side DHCPv6-PD valid-lifetime, or for A period
of ND_VALID_LIMIT
(Multiple occurrences)

O: Initiate sending Reconfigure messages (if possible - i.e., client
requests Reconfigure support and the CE Router offers it) to the those
clients with address assignments
P: Initiate sending Reconfigure messages (if possible - i.e., client
requests Reconfigure support and the CE Router offers it) to those
clients with address assignments
C: Extra 'the'

O: However, there are a number of scenarios that may lead to the
so-called "flash-renumbering" events, where the prefix being employed
on a network suddenly becomes invalid and replaced by a new prefix
[I-D.ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum].
P: However, a number of scenarios may lead to the so-called
"flash-renumbering" events, where the prefix being employed on a
network suddenly becomes invalid and replaced by a new prefix
[I-D.ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum].
C: Readability.

O: One of such scenarios is that in which a DHCPv6 server employs
dynamic prefixes, and the Customer Edge Router crashes and reboots.
P: One such scenario is when a DHCPv6 server employs dynamic prefixes
and the Customer Edge Router crashes and reboots.

O: ... comments that has benefited his protocol-related work.
P: ... comments that have benefited his protocol-related work.
----

Please SHOUT LOUDLY once you've had a chance to address these -- I'd
like to kick off the IETF LC for this and and
draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum at the same time...

W
-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 07:11:08 -0300

Hi, Warren,

Thanks so much for your comments! In-line....

On 18/8/20 17:07, Warren Kumari wrote:
[....]
> draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum at the same time...

DONE! :-)

Thanks,
-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492