Subject: [v6ops] IPv6 Addressing Considerations

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 13:07:04 -0300

Folks,

We have published a new Internet-Draft entitled "IPv6 Addressing 
Considerations".

It is available at: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-addressing-considerations-00.txt

The Abstract of the I-D is:

    IPv6 addresses can differ in a number of properties, such as scope,
    stability, and intended usage type.  This document analyzes the
    impact of these properties on aspects such as security, privacy,
    interoperability, and network operations.  Additionally, it
    identifies challenges and gaps that currently prevent systems and
    applications from leveraging the increased flexibility and
    availability of IPv6 addresses.

We have discussed this topic with some of you off-list, and part of 
those comments still need to be incorporated (apologies for the delay!).

However, we felt that this -00 version already contains quite a bit of 
material for discussion. (and given that there have been other recent 
threads related to IPv6 addressing on this list and on 6man@, we felt it 
would be timely to get this -00 version posted now).

Your comments will be very welcome.

Thanks!

Regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492