Subject: [v6ops] IPv6 Addressing Considerations (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-addressing-considerations-01.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 09:29:41 -0300

Folks,

We have posted a revision of our I-D "IPv6 Addressing Considerations"

It's available at: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-addressing-considerations-01

The text has been polished quite a bit, some errors have been fixed, And 
we've also added a summary of problematic things associated with IPv6 
addressing:

    o  Sub-optimal Address Configuration (Section 6.1)

    o  Sub-optimal IPv6 Address Usage (Section 6.2)

    o  Operational Problems (Section 6.3)

And also a summary of the missing gaps:

    o  Profile-based IPv6 Address Configuration (see Section 7.1)

    o  Advice on IPv6 Address Usage (see Section 7.2)

    o  Protocol Improvements to Deal with Many Addresses (see
       Section 7.3)

    o  Improved Address Selection APIs (see Section 7.4)

    o  Universal Support of RFC 8028 (see Section 7.5)

    o  Support for Firewall Traversal in CE Routers (see Section 7.6)

Your comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-addressing-considerations-01.txt
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 04:23:33 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Guillermo Gont 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-addressing-considerations-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-addressing-considerations
Revision:	01
Title:		IPv6 Addressing Considerations
Document date:	2021-02-21
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		28
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-addressing-considerations-01.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-addressing-considerations/
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-addressing-considerations
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-addressing-considerations-01
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-addressing-considerations-01

Abstract:
    IPv6 addresses can differ in a number of properties, such as scope,
    stability, and intended usage type.  This document analyzes the
    impact of these properties on aspects such as security, privacy,
    interoperability, and network operations.  Additionally, it
    identifies challenges and gaps that currently prevent systems and
    applications from leveraging the increased flexibility and
    availability of IPv6 addresses.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat