Subject: [v6ops] Fwd: [E] New Version Notification for draft-peng-v6ops-hbh-05.txt

From: Gyan Mishra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 08:45:26 -0400

Dear Chairs,

We have been following the suggestions we received from the WG and refined
the draft accordingly.

As we presented at the IETF meeting last week, reposition of the draft as
an HBH problem statement devoid of any solution, this work can now be
applied and help build the case for any solution ubiquitously, as the WG
with this drafts adoption  now agrees that this is a problem that must be
solved.

This will really help finally pave the way to shift to the solutions
context by 6MAN WG developers working on a viable HBH solution such as the
Hiden HBH processing draft and any others that exist as candidates for
viable solutions.  This will in the end help the industry to finally be
able to use HBH as a valuable tool for operators for telemetry development
and many other solutions.

With this major update with the  reposition of the draft, we would like the
WG to consider adopting this draft to continue progressing the work
further.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Gyan

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 11:29 PM
Subject: [E] New Version Notification for draft-peng-v6ops-hbh-05.txt
To: Chongfeng Xie <[email-masked]>, Gyan Mishra <
[email-masked]>, Shuping Peng <[email-masked]>, Zhenbin
Li <[email-masked]>, Zhuangzhuang Qin <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-peng-v6ops-hbh-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Shuping Peng and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-peng-v6ops-hbh
Revision:       05
Title:          Processing of the Hop-by-Hop Options Header
Document date:  2021-07-26
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          14
URL:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_archive_id_draft-2Dpeng-2Dv6ops-2Dhbh-2D05.txt&d=DwICaQ&c=udBTRvFvXC5Dhqg7UHpJlPps3mZ3LRxpb6__0PomBTQ&r=DnUkF34wu4mqq0UY8nn2rxBBO7qOW_D-RfNVLML28ZU&m=JPELJ85G_qZVzL_G5fbWjFjEE2sKMJrbRHr6qXm8AhA&s=M2ff1UB4ZtxD9kFrFirDxVoz8SeN1H3va8IycK8_kik&e=
Status:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_doc_draft-2Dpeng-2Dv6ops-2Dhbh_&d=DwICaQ&c=udBTRvFvXC5Dhqg7UHpJlPps3mZ3LRxpb6__0PomBTQ&r=DnUkF34wu4mqq0UY8nn2rxBBO7qOW_D-RfNVLML28ZU&m=JPELJ85G_qZVzL_G5fbWjFjEE2sKMJrbRHr6qXm8AhA&s=BTJQFF2wQrpI0BJEn97PtlRmWu44VmeZrHtWInmT_n0&e=
Htmlized:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_doc_html_draft-2Dpeng-2Dv6ops-2Dhbh&d=DwICaQ&c=udBTRvFvXC5Dhqg7UHpJlPps3mZ3LRxpb6__0PomBTQ&r=DnUkF34wu4mqq0UY8nn2rxBBO7qOW_D-RfNVLML28ZU&m=JPELJ85G_qZVzL_G5fbWjFjEE2sKMJrbRHr6qXm8AhA&s=g7QbAmMTRp1r_mQI8DQ8ks87jjR56wDRLCEeDfDWYwY&e=
Diff:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_rfcdiff-3Furl2-3Ddraft-2Dpeng-2Dv6ops-2Dhbh-2D05&d=DwICaQ&c=udBTRvFvXC5Dhqg7UHpJlPps3mZ3LRxpb6__0PomBTQ&r=DnUkF34wu4mqq0UY8nn2rxBBO7qOW_D-RfNVLML28ZU&m=JPELJ85G_qZVzL_G5fbWjFjEE2sKMJrbRHr6qXm8AhA&s=JePwpj8vv7JRabbIvAyPbLI4xk57Lm1Na1jy6QiJawo&e=

Abstract:
   This document describes the processing of the Hop-by-Hop Options
   Header (HBH) in today's routers in the aspects of standards
   specification, common implementations, and default operations.  This
   document outlines the reasons why the Hop-by-Hop Options Header is
   rarely utilized in current networks.  In addition, this document
   describes how the HBH could be used as a powerful mechanism allowing
   deployment and operations of new services requiring a more optimized
   way to leverage network resources of an infrastructure.  The Hop-by-
   Hop Options Header is taken into consideration by several network
   operators as a valuable container for carrying the information
   facilitating the introduction of new services.  The processing
   requirments of the HBH and the migration strategies are also
   suggested.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 

<http://www.verizon.com/>

*Gyan Mishra*

*Network Solutions A**rchitect, SME & Protocol Design Expert*

*Data Center Planning | Common Core | Development & Engineering Lab
ServicesGlobal Technology Services | ITNUC*

*O 240 970-6287M 301 502-134713101 Columbia Pike Rm 304-D
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/13101+Columbia+Pike+Rm+304-D+Silver+Spring,+MD+20904?entry=gmail&source=g>*Silver
Spring, MD 20904
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/13101+Columbia+Pike+Rm+304-D+Silver+Spring,+MD+20904?entry=gmail&source=g>

*IETF  & ISOC Member since 2015*

https://www.ietf.org/

https://www.internetsociety.org/

-- 

<http://www.verizon.com/>

*Gyan Mishra*

*Network Solutions A**rchitect *

*Email [email-masked] <[email-masked]>*

*M 301 502-1347*