Subject: [VCARDDAV] Protocol Action: 'Extended MKCOL for WebDAV' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:33:37 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Extended MKCOL for WebDAV '
   <draft-ietf-vcarddav-webdav-mkcol-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the vCard and CardDAV Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov and Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vcarddav-webdav-mkcol-06.txt

Technical Summary
  This specification extends the Web Distributed Authoring and
  Versioning (WebDAV) MKCOL method to allow collections of
  arbitrary resourcetype to be created and to allow properties
  to be set at the same time. It avoids minting new MK* methods
  (such as MKCALENDAR) for each new type of collection.
           
Working Group Summary
  Process was smooth; the only early disagreement was about the
  scope of this document (whether it should apply to
  non-collection resources as well, and whether it should also
  setting ACLs). In the end, the WG converged on the minimal
  functionality needed to resolve the issue.

Document Quality
  This protocol extension defined in this document is used
  by the VCARDDAV protocol (another deliverable of the Working
  Group), for which several vendors have announced support
  (for instance, Apple, and Viagenie).

Personnel
  The Document Shepherd for this document was Julian Reschke,
  and the responsible Area Director is Alexey Melnikov.