Subject: [Venue-selection] Nassau venue comments

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Sep 2018 14:33:28 +0200

The most likely venue in Nassau would be the Atlantis on Paradise Island. 
I've been to a couple of meetings there and although the conference 
facilities are pretty good, the hotel is so unpleasant that I will never 
return there.  It is expensive and isolated, with food options starting 
with $7 slices of bad pizza, and the environment featuring drunken fathers 
with small children in the casino at 10 AM.  (I wish I were making that 
up.)  The other hotels on Paradise Island are too small to be plausible 
overflow options, there's no grocery store, just a tiny overpriced 
convenience store, and it's a long ferry or taxi ride to anywhere else.

There's a new hotel complex between the city and the airport but its 
conference rooms look too small.

I suppose in its favor, The Bahamas have the easiest visas in North 
America, no visa needed for China, visa on arrival for Indians who live in 
North America or Europe.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY
Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. https://jl.ly