Subject: Re: [Venue-selection] Requesting input on a potential future meeting city - Hiroshima

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 00:23:24 +0100

Hiroshima was fine last time. I've no reason to think
it'd be other than that once travels of any kind are
ok again.

S

On 06/07/2020 00:19, IETF Executive Director wrote:
> The IETF Administration LLC is seeking community input on the city of Hiroshima, which it is considering as a future meeting venue.
> 
> Your comments are used to identify any areas in which this city may be non-compliant with the IETF’s meeting venue requirements. [1]
> 
> To provide comments, please send email to [email-masked] with "Hiroshima" in the subject line.  This is a publicly visible one-way e-mail address: You can read the comments [2], but you cannot subscribe to it.
> 
> 
> Also, please note that the LLC and Secretariat are reviewing the process for meeting venue selection that was developed by the IAOC [3] with a view to proposing a new process that will in future allow for more structured and substantive community input.
>

---

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 11:25:41 +1200

I have fond memories of attending IETF76 in Hiroshima in 2009.  Hiroshima was an excellent choice, and I’d be happy to return there.

	Ross.

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 20:22:51 -0400

I loved Hiroshima and would happily go again. I’m not convinced that it’s a good venue for disabled participants. But it would be a draw for me despite the challenges. 

> On Jul 5, 2020, at 19:21, IETF Executive Director <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> -- 
> Jay Daley
> IETF Executive Director
> [1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8718
> [2] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/venue-selection
> [3] https://iaoc.ietf.org/venue-selection-roles-and-processes.html
> 
> _______________________________________________
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 10:30:54 +0100

Hi,

Hiroshima worked well last time we went – if we ever get to meet in-person again, I think it would be a good choice for a venue.

Colin

> On 6 Jul 2020, at 00:19, IETF Executive Director <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 07:47:20 -0500

Overall, I thought Hiroshima was a great place for a meeting. The only
negative was the last hop.  You either had to make a connection to a
smaller airport or take the train. With my schedule, I would have arrived
very late using the train and it's been a while, but I think the connection
(i.e. airport train to central station) was very tight.   So I opted to
overnite at a hotel very near the train station and that worked great.

Regards,
Mary

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: IETF Executive Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 6:21 PM
Subject: Requesting input on a potential future meeting city - Hiroshima
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>

The IETF Administration LLC is seeking community input on the city of
Hiroshima, which it is considering as a future meeting venue.

Your comments are used to identify any areas in which this city may be
non-compliant with the IETF’s meeting venue requirements. [1]

To provide comments, please send email to [email-masked] with
"Hiroshima" in the subject line.  This is a publicly visible one-way e-mail
address: You can read the comments [2], but you cannot subscribe to it.

Also, please note that the LLC and Secretariat are reviewing the process
for meeting venue selection that was developed by the IAOC [3] with a view
to proposing a new process that will in future allow for more structured
and substantive community input.

-- 
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director