Subject: [VIPR] Changes to VIPR-Overview -03

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:15:12 -0500

Hi all,

The following summarizes the changes to the VIPR Overview document:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-jennings-vipr-overview-03.txt

1) Editorial:
 - added a Terminology section.
 - clarified the use of the term "Call Agent"
 - reworded discussion of email in section 2.2 (i.e., it's not useless)
 - either changed or removed altogether terms like "neat", "clever",
"incredible", "enormous"
 - removed some of the more subjective and superfluous language - i.e.,
condensed the text to be more concise (Section 5.2 and many others)
 -  deleted explicit reference to "SIP Trunking" as the statement didn't
introduce additional information in that paragraph and the term is not
defined in this document.
 - and other minor editorial fixes.
2) Deleted REQ-12 (Handover) since it's really not specific functionality
provided by VIPR.
3) Reworded REQ -11 to clarify that in the case of call failures (i.e., IP
calls), the system should fallback to inter-domain calling prior to VIPR.
4) Moved some text from the -01 version in the Technical Overview section
back into the doc (not sure why it was removed previously).

The majority of the changes were based on Eric Burger's review (and
Cullen's and my subsequent responses):
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/vipr/current/msg00109.html

Regards,
Mary.