Subject: [vpim] RFC 4238 on Voice Message Routing Service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:56:33 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4238

        Title:      Voice Message Routing Service
        Author(s):  G. Vaudreuil
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 18902
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-vpim-routing-10.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4238.txt

Voice messaging is traditionally addressed using telephone number
addressing.  This document describes two techniques for routing
voice messages based on a telephone number.  The complete service
uses the Voice Profile for Internet Mail (VPIM) Directory service to
lookup a VPIM email address with a telephone number and confirm that
the address is both valid and associated with the intended recipient.
However, this service will take time to become widely deployed in the
near term.  This document also describes a basic send-and-pray service
that routes and delivers messages using only the ENUM telephone number
resolution service and the existing DNS mail routing facilities.

This document is a product of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
VPIM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vpim