Subject: Re: VRRP implementations...

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 10:33:10 -0700

Subodh,

>Is their "survey" out there that lists commercial vendors that have
>currently implemented VRRP?
>/Subodh Nijsure
>SkyStream Networks.

Please see:

   ftp:://playground.sun.com/pub/hinden/vrrp/vrrp-implementations.txt

This was last updated 12/1998.  I believe there are a number of other 
implementations now.

Anyone else who has a VRRP implementation that is not listed, please send 
me the info and I will update the file.

Thanks,
Bob

---

From: Jerome Etienne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 01:01:21 -0400

> me the info and I will update the file.

When i sent the info about my implementation to bob hinden, he encouraged me
to send them to the list. It is an opensource implementation of VRRPv2 as 
specified in rfc2338. It run in userspace under linux. You can find it in
http://w3.arobas.net/~jetienne/vrrpd.tgz

I doesn't have commercial implementations to test the interoperability, so 
if any interoperability problems occur, please email me.