Subject: VRRPv6?

From: "Aron Silverton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 13:28:02 -0500

Hello,

I've looked through some of the archives, and haven't found mention of
IPv6 VRRP.  Can somebody update me on the status of that effort?

Thank you,

Aron
-- 
Aron J. Silverton
Senior Research Engineer
Motorola Labs, Networks and Infrastructure Research
Motorola, Inc.

Telephone: (847) 576-8747    
Fax:       (847) 576-3420
Pager:     (800) 759-8888 PIN 1147344
Email:     [email-masked]

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 16:05:09 -0700

Aron,

There has been a little discussion, but no work on this has been done to 
date.  If there is interest, it is within the scope of the VRRP w.g.

Also, if there are other topics that people would like to talk about I 
could request a VRRP w.g. slot at the December IETF meeting.

Bob

---

From: "Aron Silverton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:48:18 -0500

Bob,

This seems like something that has merit for further investigation. 
While others have pointed out that some alternative methods exist for
handling certain types of failures, a full featured redundancy protocol
certainly has its own benefits.  I'm interested in exploring this, and
would look into opening up my project schedule to assist, if others
express similar interest.

Thanks for the reply and clarification.

Aron