Subject: Re: [VRRP] VRRPv3 Review

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 17:26:10 +0900

Hi all,

I have implemented VRRPv3 for {Free,Net,Open}BSD/KAME and I have some
comments to 'draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv6-spec-03.txt'. 

Most of them seems good for me. I have some comments below.

I suggest that a sentence to mention DAD should be included in this draft.

ex:
  Duplicated Address Detection(DAD) for IPv6 link-local address
  associated with the virtual routerSHOULD(?) be suppressed about .  

>6.4.1   Initialize
>       o Send an unsolicited ND Neighbor Advertisement with the Router
>         Flag (R) set, the Solicited Flag (S) unset, the Override flag
>         (O) set, the Target Address set to the IPv6 link-local address
>         of the Virtual Router, and the Target Link Layer address set to
>         the virtual router MAC address.

"IPv6 link-local address of the Virtual Router"
sould be
"IPv6 link-local address associated with the Virtual Router"
There is a same sentence at 6.4.2.

>6.4.2   Backup
>       o Compute and join the Solicited-Node multicast address [ADD-ARH]
>         for the link-local IPv6 address of the Virtual Router.

This sentence doesn't appear at 6.4.1.
I think this should be located at 6.4.1 too. 

--
Hideki ONO
_______________________________________________
vrrp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vrrp