Subject: [VRRP] VRRP Authentication

From: "Sylwester Chojkiewicz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 14:37:00 -0700

Hi Robert,

Could you please answer these 2 questions regarding the RFC 3768 and the
VRRP authentication:

1. RFC 3768 requires the VRPP authentication to be removed. However, when
handling received VRRP packet, it also requires to match the AuthType with
the locally configured one and perform the authentication method. How the
VRRP router based on RFC 3768 should react if it receives AuthType different
than 0? Invalidate the packet? - Ignore the AuthType and accept it?

2. While the RFC requires the VRRP authentication to be removed, at the same
time it requires the authentication to be per Virtual Router instead of per
interface. How the VRRP authentication based on Virtual Router should be
implemented?

Thank you,

Sylwester

_______________________________________________
vrrp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vrrp