Subject: [VRRP] Question regarding VRRP and interface MAC

From: "Arnab Bakshi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:39:01 +0530

Hi All,

   I have a question regarding VRRP. Suppose I have configured a
Virtual Router using two VRRP routers (say RTR-A and RTR-B) . The VR
IP is the IP of RTR-A and therefore it becomes the master (priority =
255). Also suppose the routers can reach a network N.

   Now if I send an IP packet using the Virtual MAC as destination
address to a host in network N the packet gets forwarded.

   My question is if we somehow send a IP packet to a host in network
N with destination MAC set to interface MAC of RTR-A will that packet
get forwarded to network N. If not then would the packet get forwarded
if RTR-A was not the IP Address owner of the VR.

  Any help in this regard would be helpful!

Thanks
Arnab

_______________________________________________
vrrp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vrrp