Subject: [VRRP] Plan to close the VRRP WG

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 23:46:25 +0100

Hi,

I plan to close the VRRP working group on Tuesday 14th.

The working group has done good work, and I think we should declare success, pat
each other on the back, and move on.

In particular I want to thank Radia and Mukesh for their stewardship, and the
authors and editors of the various documents for their work.

One I-D remains as work in progress: draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-mib. This I-D has
been through MIB Doctor review, AD review and IETF last call. It is waiting for
a few final updates before it goes to t IESG for approval and on to the RFC
Editor. We will move this to be AD-sponsored, and the document will go ahead as
normal.

I plan to leave the VRRP mailing list open for continued discussion of VRRP
issues, and people with new I-Ds should raise them on the list before requesting
publication.

Thanks again,
Adrian

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 23:29:12 +0100

Very wisely pointed out to me that I should also thank authors and chairs in
VRRP right the way back through history.

No slight intended, and it just goes to show how young I am :-)

Thanks to everyone who has participated in VRRP in any way.

Adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Adrian Farrel
> Sent: 09 June 2011 23:46
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [VRRP] Plan to close the VRRP WG
> 
> Hi,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> vrrp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vrrp

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 07:46:53 +0300

Adrian,

I think VRRP has been a great success for the IETF and the industry.  It created an open standard that solved an important problem and is used very widely.

Bob