Subject: [weirds] draft-newton-weirds-arin-whoisrws-00

From: Andy Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:58:12 -0400

FYI...

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. 
 
Title : ARIN's RESTful Web Service for Whois Data 
Author(s) : Andrew Lee Newton 
Filename : draft-newton-weirds-arin-whoisrws-00.txt 
Pages : 17 
Date : 2011-06-03 
 
This document describes the RESTful Web Service for Whois data as 
implemented and fielded by the American Registry for Internet Numbers 
(ARIN). ARIN calls this service Whois-RWS. 
 
The purpose of this document is to facilitate discussion and serve as 
input into a standards process in this area, currently being 
discussed on the WHOIS-based Extensible Internet Registration Data 
Service (WEIRDS) mailing list 
(https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/weirds). 
 
Please excuse this very rough initial draft. It is roughly based on 
information currently published on ARIN's website. However, future 
revisions of this document are planned, including discussions on 
lessons learned by ARIN from the deployment of Whois-RWS and thoughts 
on a future, unified standard. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-newton-weirds-arin-whoisrws-00.txt 
 
Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at: 
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/ 
 
This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at: 
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-newton-weirds-arin-whoisrws-00.txt