Subject: [weirds] Status: draft-ietf-weirds-using-http-07

From: Olaf Kolkman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 16:29:47 +0200

Colleagues,

To make sure we are all in sync on the status of this document.

The high level summary is: it is back at the WG.

The longer explanation:

We had some IESG pushback on draft-ietf-weirds-using-http-07. The high
level issue is that as a stand-alone document the document doesn't
provide sufficient context for the assessment of the full protocol
interactions. Reviewers (and hence implementers, is the argument) simply
lack context.

As far as I parse the IESG communication on this there doesn't seem to
be any major flaw except the lack of that context. The way that can be
solved is almost editorial: some normative references and connecting text.

That said, the IESG wants to see the document resubmitted in combination
with the query, json-response and the security document.

From a WG perspective: we do not have to spend significant energy on the
document since we should not need to revisit its content, except for the
minor issues that came up in the AD review.
The http document will be put on the shelf until the other documents are
done to and there will not be an explicit new working group last call,
unless Murray and I feel the changes are more than context-editorial.

--Olaf

Also see
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-sec/ballot/343468/