Subject: [weirds] WGLC review for draft-ietf-weirds-json-response

From: Tom Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 17:52:21 +1000

I have read and reviewed the document, and think it's in good shape.
The following are only minor issues.

* General

Section 3.2 requires that clients not treat unrecognised JSON
attributes as errors.  This is problem when dealing with jCard
objects, which will typically be passed off to a third-party library
for validation: that library may or may not support a relaxed
validation option, which skips unknown/unrecognised attributes.  I
think the following after "Insertion of..." would work:

    The allowances made above for unrecognized attributes do not apply
    to jCard objects.

The term "JSON vCard" is used throughout the document.  It looks like
"jCard" should be used instead.  The references to ietf-jcardcal-jcard
should be updated to point to RFC 7095, too.

Section 5.4 permits the "lang" attribute to "appear anywhere in an
object class or data structure".  The same considerations as for
unrecognised attributes and jCards are relevant to "lang", too.  After
"structure", I would add ", except for in jCard objects".

"nameserver" is cased inconsistently: the object class name is
"nameserver", and search uses "nameserverSearchResults", but the
domain has an array of "nameServers".  I think the last one should be
changed back to "nameservers".

* Example objects

In section 5.2, the link example object has an array as the value of
"title".  RFC 5988 (5.4) states that links may only have one value for
the "title" parameter, though.

Throughout the document, there is an example event with an eventDate
of "1991-12-31T23:59:60Z".  This is not a valid datetime, as far as I
can tell (a leap second was added at the end of 1990, though).

In section 6.2, the object has a unicodeName of "foo.example".  This
should be "ns1.foo.example", so as to match the ldhName.

In sections 6.3, 6.4 and 6.5, a status of "allocated" appears in the
example objects.  These objects should use the "active" status
instead.

In sections 6.3 and 6.4, there are IP network objects with
endAddresses of "2001:db8::0:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF".  The double
colon should become a single colon.

Various example jCards contain trailing commas.  These all appear
after instances of "work"-type email addresses.  See e.g. section 6.1.

In section 6.3, one of the variants has a relation of "restricted
registration".  It should be "registration restricted".

In section 6.4, one of the links has "example.ent", which should be
"example.net" instead.

-Tom

---

From: Andy Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 14:12:23 +0000

Tom,

Thanks for the review. I agree with all of your suggestions and have
created a ticket for it in the issue tracker.

-andy

On 9/8/14, 3:52 AM, "Tom Harrison" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>weirds mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/weirds
>