Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-wilson-wrec-wccp-v2-00.txt

From: "Barry Raveendran Greene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:27:14 -0700

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2000 3:42 AM
To: IETF-Announce:;
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wilson-wrec-wccp-v2-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Web Cache Coordination Protocol V2.0
	Author(s)	: M. Cieslak, D. Forster, G. Tiwana, R. Wilson
	Filename	: draft-wilson-wrec-wccp-v2-00.txt
	Pages		: 44
	Date		: 14-Jul-00

This document describes version 2.0 of the Web Cache Coordination
Protocol (WCCP). The WCCP V2.0 protocol specifies interactions between
one or more routers and one or more web-caches. The purpose of the
interaction is to establish and maintain the transparent redirection
of selected types of traffic flowing through a group of routers. The
selected traffic is redirected to a group of web-caches with the aim
of optimising resource usage and lowering response times.
The protocol does not specify any interaction between the web-caches
within a group or between a web-cache and a web-server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wilson-wrec-wccp-v2-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wilson-wrec-wccp-v2-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wilson-wrec-wccp-v2-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.