Subject: Questions about I-CAP

From: "Schneider, Georg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:37:19 -0400

Hello all,

I am working in a research lab and I am looking for standardized ways
to modify web content on a proxy level.

I have read the "I-Cap specification" and the "Extensible Proxy 
Services Framework draft-tomlinson-epsfw-00.txt"

I have a couple of questions where I would kindly appreciate any help
from you:

I am wondering if there is already a new proposal out or planned 
for I-CAP because the old spec expires at the end of this month?

Is there somewhere an (probably experimental) implementation of the 
I-CAP protocol?

Concerning the remarks in the "Extensible Proxy 
Services Framework" - will there be a merge of the 
I-CAP and the proxy efforts?

Will there be discussions on this subject on the IETF meeting in
Pittsburgh?

Unfortunately I cannot reach the host where the archive 
of the mailinggroup discussions is located since several weeks
that's why I don't know if somebody has asked these questions before.

Sincerely
  Georg
____________________________________________________________
Dr. Georg J. Schneider	Phone: +1 (609) 734-3651	
Siemens Corporate Research, Inc.	Fax: +1 (609) 734-6565
755 College Road East	Email: [email-masked]
Princeton, NJ 08540, USA	http://www.scr.siemens.com