Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-wrec-known-prob-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 06:43:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Replication and Caching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Known HTTP Proxy/Caching Problems
	Author(s)	: I. Cooper, J. Dilley
	Filename	: draft-ietf-wrec-known-prob-02.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 14-Jul-00
	
This memo catalogs a number of known problems with World Wide Web
(caching) proxies and cache servers. The goal of the document is to
provide a discussion of the problems and proposed workarounds, and
ultimately to improve conditions by illustrating problems. The
construction of this document is a joint effort of the web caching
community. It is being done under the auspices of the IETF Web
Replication and Caching working group. We gratefully acknowledge
RFC2525[1], which helped define the initial format for this known
problems list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-wrec-known-prob-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-wrec-known-prob-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-wrec-known-prob-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.