Subject: white paper about CDNs

From: LOVRIC Ivan FTRD/DMI/CAE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:43:13 +0200

You will find enclosed a white paper whose title is "state-of-the-art on the
Content Delivery Networks".

This document was written in february 2000. Therefore some information
should be revised, but, IMO, it is a good way to move forward about CDNs.
Each part of the document comes from public sources (websites, press
releases...) that we aggregated in order to produce some added-value.

The current taxonomy draft doesn't take into account CDNs, even though they
are in the scope of the WREC charter. 
My feeling is that a specific document should be dedicated to CDNs within
the WG, in order to move forward without delaying the last call for the
original taxonomy draft.

Of course, any comments are welcome and encouraged !!!

 <<CDN - white paper.doc>>  

-Ivan

___________________
Ivan Lovric
E-mail: [email-masked]
tel. office: (+33) 2 31 75 91 25
tel. home:(+33) 2 31 97 38 70

France Telecom R&D
42, rue des Coutures - BP 6243 - 14066 Caen Cédex 4 - France