Subject: Workshop on Caching, Coherence and Consistency (WC3 '01)

From: "Brian D. Davison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:41:27 -0500 (EST)

Please forgive any duplicate notification.

Brian D. Davison                Department of Computer Science
[email-masked]                 Rutgers, The State Univ. of New Jersey
[email-masked]          http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~davison/
========== WEB CACHING RESOURCES: http://www.web-caching.com/ ==========

=========================================================================

          Workshop on Caching, Coherence and Consistency (WC3 '01)

                         Sorrento, Italy, June 2001

                     to be held in conjunction with the
       2001 ACM International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS '01)

Motivation

The workshop focuses on three remarkably persistent topics in computer
systems research: caching, coherence and consistency. For a long time these
topics were associated with parallel and distributed systems only. More
recently, caching, coherence and consistency issues are being revisited in
the context of mobile computing and the world-wide web. Our goal with this
workshop is to provide a forum for researchers from all of these communities
to present and exchange ideas on these three topics. Thus, we intend this
workshop to cover a range of domains, from more traditional ones such as
hardware and software cache coherence schemes and multiprocessor memory
consistency models, to coherence and consistency issues in file systems and
mobile data, to content caching and consistency issues in replicated data
and services on the web. This workshop can be seen as a continuation of the
WSDSM workshops that were held in conjunction with the last two ICS
conferences but with an extended scope and addressing a significantly
broader audience.

Scope

We solicit abstracts of original research including, but not limited to, the
following areas:

   * Caching in uniprocessors
   * Caching, coherence and consistency in shared-memory multiprocessors
   * Software coherence and consistency
   * Caching, coherence and consistency issues in file systems
   * Caching, coherence and consistency issues in clusters
   * Mobile data coherence and consistency
   * Client, proxy and server-side caches of web content
   * Data and service replication on the web
   * Coherence and consistency over wide-area networks

Authors are invited to submit manuscripts that demonstrate original and
unpublished research in the areas of data caching, coherence, and
consistency. Accepted papers will be published by the ICS organization. One
of the authors will be required to attend the workshop and present the work.

Important Dates

May  01, 2001: Papers due.
May  15, 2001: Notification sent to authors.
June 01, 2001: Camera-ready papers due.

Workshop Organizers

Ricardo Bianchini and Liviu Iftode
Department of Computer Science
Rutgers University
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8019
E-mail: {ricardob,[email-masked]

For more information, check out http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~wc3/.