Subject: [XCON] Comments on draft-ietf-xcon-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:20:37 -0500

Hello,

I reviewed the draft and it looks in a good shape to me, though I felt
some more detailed examples would aid in understanding it more clearly.
My comments besides the blueprint and templates which I sent in the
earlier email are as follows

1) In section 4.2 - is the conference template is used only to describe
the mixer or media related functionality only meaning - the media
controls available to end points to customize the media they receive
from the server, the ability to mute somebody in the conference based on
some privilages etc. 

2) Editoral comment. In section 4.2 (3 paragraph) the sentence " This
information would allow authorized clients to manipulate mixer's
behavior and the resultant distribution of the media to all or
individual participants" should be changed to "This information would
allow authorized clients to manipulate mixer's behavior via focus, and
the resultant distribution of the media to all or individual
participants". The present sentence gives an impression that clients can
communicate directly with the mixer to change the media.
3)  In section 4.3, where are the permission and limits are specified in
the conference object - in the template or in the common conference
information section.
4) In section 5.3, (2 paragraph) the draft says " The Conference Object
is identified by a single or a set of call signaling Conference
Identifiers, with a one-to-one mapping, as shown in the figure".  Is the
conference object identified by conference identifier (for example the
SIP URL of a SIP conference) or an conference object identifier. ?
5) Editorial comment. There is no definition for conference user
identifier in section 2 (convention and terminology). For consistency
sake it would be good to define it.
6) In section 6.1 (page 18), how does the parent object enforce a
different policy by marking certain data elements as "parent
enforceable". Are these markings done in the conference template ?
7) In section 6.2, it would really help if you can provide an example as
to how an conference factory  select one of the system supported
conference object blueprint based on the privileges and media lines in
SDP. It would be good to see an SDP example with audio and video media,
how the blue print would look like to get an clear picture. 
8)  Section 7.3.4 - Do we still leave the section regarding NETCONF as a
possible protocol option ?
9)  In section 8.1, where an example is provided as to how an
participant is added to the conference using the conference control
protocol, it woul d be a good idea to extend the example depicting how
the new participant "Bob" gets the information from the conference
server as to what type of blueprint is being used for this conference.
Basically from a system point of view it would be good to know how when
a participant joins the conference (when an authorized participant sends
CCP request to add it to the conferene) it gets to know about the
capabilities (conference and media) of the conference. I thought it was
not obvious from the present example in section 8.1

Some Nits and Typos
1) In section 3, page 7 remove the word and from the first line.
2)  In section 6.1 page 18 (4 paragrpah) you have reference to section
5.3.1 describing how an unique conference object URI is assigned. There
is no description of it in section 5.3.1, instead there is an reference
in 5.3.1 to TBD. So I guess instead of refering section 5.3.1 it should
refer to the correct reference.
3)  In section 8.3 page 35, terminate the line with a full stop. " A
Sidebar is created using the same mechanisms employed for a standard
conference as described in Section 6.1."

BR
Umesh

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon