Subject: RE: [XCON] Comments on Media Policy Templates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:27:22 -0500

Hello Dave
 
Thanks for reviewing and giving your comments regarding the template
draft. 
 
As you have realized this draft is still under heavy development stage
and we are trying to come up the client control capabilities of very
basic conferences. But i feel that the common conference information
schema and the template can be done simulatenously, since for the
protocol  (conference and media control) development the client
capabilities are required. I feel both the schemas (templates and common
conference) are mutually exclusive and can be done together. The
templates defines the capabiltiies that are being offered by the
conference server and it would be important to define the different
conference scenarios initially so as to aid the development of protocol.
Any other opinion and thoughts ?
 
BR
 
Umesh

	I see that the draft is currently under major revision, and that
we should be thinking about the client controls, but first I think we
need to do two things, so let me put this to the list for discussion.
The first is to specify a common (grand unified) conference object data
model that all the protocols can operate on.  What we are doing in XCON
is specifying the necessary XML definitions piecemeal with each draft.
I think we should pull together the existing pieces into one data model
and let the authors of the protocols use that model and request it to be
extended as necessary.  Once the data model and protocols are specified,
then I think the client capabilities can be finalized.  To me the client
capabilities are like the capstone in the XCon WG, it should be the last
thing to be finalized.   I'm interested in other people's thoughts.  

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon