Subject: Re: [XCON] Draft defining a Common Data Model for XCON

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:28:26 -0600

A quick comment on the document: the handling of times in this document
seems to be at odds with the decision that we use RFC2445 iCal objects
to talk about times. In particular, it introduces its own recurrence
mechanism that appears to be rather different than what RFC2445 defines.

In particular, if I understood consensus correctly, we should be using
*literal* iCal syntax to convey this information; so, for example, the
section of the draft that reads:

        <conference-time>
         <entry>
          <recurrence>7days</recurrence>
          <mixing-start-time required-participant="moderator">
           2006-10-17T09:30:00-05:00</mixing-start-time>
          <mixing-stop-time required-participant="participant">
           2006-10-17T11:30:00-05:00</mixing-stop-time>
          <must-join-before>2006-10-17T12:00:00-05:00</must-join-before>
         </entry>
        </conference-time>

Should instead look something more like:

        <conference-time>
         <entry>
          <base>
            BEGIN:VCALENDAR
            PRODID:-//LlamaSpinner Inc.//NONSGML CamelCall//EN
            VERSION:2.0
            BEGIN:VEVENT
            DTSTAMP:20051103T140728Z
            UID:[email-masked]
            ORGANIZER:MAILTO:[email-masked]
            DTSTART:20061017T143000Z
            RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY
            DTEND:20061017T163000Z
          </base>
          <mixing-start-offset>-60</mixing-start-offset>
          <mixing-end-offset>60</mixing-end-offset>
          <must-join-before-offset>9000</must-join-before-offset>
         </entry>
        </conference-time>

/a

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon