Subject: [XCON] BFCP: Security Considerations

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:51:27 -0800

[as chair]

In yesterday's face-to-face meeting, we had a discussion around security 
mechanisms for BFCP. The discussion in that meeting concluded the following:

    * Digest authentication will be removed from the base draft;
    * TLS will be made mandatory to implement (although optional to use);
    * The use of Digest Authentication will be added on as an extension
      to BFCP, so as to support the use case in which a conference
      participant is using a conference-unaware client but wants to
      participate in floor control via (e.g.) a web interface.

This message is intended to solicit discussion on the mailing list on 
this topic. Interested parties should comment as soon as possible.

/a

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 04:20:15 +0200

Hi,

I just would like to point out that the MMUSIC draft will normatively 
depend on tls-comedia.

Cheers,

Gonzalo