Subject: [XCON] Consensus 66-02: BCFP: A/AAAA vs SRV

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:14:32 -0500

During discussions of the BFCP connection establishment document at the 
IETF 66 meeting, the present participants engaged in a discussion 
regarding whether resolution of BFCP server names to IP address should 
make use of SRV records, or whether A and AAAA records were sufficient. 
The general agreement of the parties who engaged in the discussion was that:

    * There are currently no clear use cases for SRV use
    * A and AAAA usage is simpler than SRV usage
    * If a use case arises at a later date that requires the use of SRV,
      then appropriate procedures can be defined at that time.
    * Consequently, the working group document should not specify SRV
      procedures.

This message is to confirm that this agreement has the consensus of the 
mailing list. Any objections to the decision should be raised promptly 
on the XCON mailing list.

/a

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon