Subject: [XCON] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Centralized Conferencing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Conference Information Data Model for Centralized Conferencing (XCON)
	Author(s)	: O. Novo, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-05.txt
	Pages		: 68
	Date		: 2007-4-18
	
This document defines an Extensible Markup Language (XML)-based
   conference information data model for centralized conferencing
   (XCON).  A conference object, which can be manipulated using a
   conference control protocol, at a conference server represents a
   particular instantiation of this data model.  The conference
   information data model defined in this document is an extension of
   (and thus, compatible with) the model specified in the Session
   Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Conference State.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: "Oscar Novo \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:02:41 +0200

Hello everybody,

A new version of the data model I-D is available in: 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-05
.txt

These are the changes of version 05 in relation to version 4:

- We have removed the policy from the draft.
- We have partially included the information of the "A Universal
Resource Identifier (URI) for Centralized Conferencing" draft in the
data model and we have created the IANA registration.  
- We have partially included the information of the "A User Identifier
for Centralized Conferencing (XCON)" draft in the data model and we have
created the IANA registration.  
- We have changed the status of the draft from Informational to
Standard.
- Few modifications in the RELAX NG Schema
- Few modifications in the XML example

Comments are welcome!

Regards,

Oscar Novo

---

From: Linyi Tian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:46:49 +0300

Dear Oscar and et al,

OMA has developed a Shared Group XDMS specification which defines a common group definition including membership and policy that can be used by all OMA enablers (e.g. PoC and IM). I find some useful elements defined in that specification (e.g. age-restrictions, and partial session-active-policy) are not covered by XCON data model, could we add them into the data model to address different marketing needs?

If you are fine with this idea, I may provide you some detail information

Best Regards,
Linyi

-----Original Message-----
From: Oscar Novo (JO/LMF) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 11:03 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [XCON] New version of the Conference Information Data Model forCentralized Conferencing

Hello everybody,

Comments are welcome!

Regards,

Oscar Novo

---

From: "Oscar Novo \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:51:54 +0200

Hi Linyi,

Actually in the last IETF meeting we agree on defining the policy of the
data model in a separate document. However, it would be nice if you can
provide more detail information about these OMA specification to the WG.

Cheers,

Oscar  

-----Original Message-----
From: Linyi Tian [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 20. huhtikuuta 2007 10:47
To: Oscar Novo (JO/LMF); [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [XCON] New version of the Conference Information Data Model
forCentralized Conferencing

Dear Oscar and et al,

OMA has developed a Shared Group XDMS specification which defines a
common group definition including membership and policy that can be used
by all OMA enablers (e.g. PoC and IM). I find some useful elements
defined in that specification (e.g. age-restrictions, and partial
session-active-policy) are not covered by XCON data model, could we add
them into the data model to address different marketing needs?

If you are fine with this idea, I may provide you some detail
information

Best Regards,
Linyi

-----Original Message-----
From: Oscar Novo (JO/LMF) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 11:03 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [XCON] New version of the Conference Information Data Model
forCentralized Conferencing

Hello everybody,

Comments are welcome!

Regards,

Oscar Novo