Subject: [XCON] draft-srinivasan-xcon-eventpkg-extension-01

From: "Oscar Novo (JO/LMF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:14:28 +0200

Hello,

I've read the new version of draft-srinivasan-xcon-eventpkg-extension-01
(http://tools.ietf.org/wg/xcon/draft-srinivasan-xcon-eventpkg-extensions
-01.txt). My opinion is that the draft is not enough clear yet. You
start talking about "Partial notification limitations" without giving
enough background of what it's the document about. 

As well reading the document it's not clear for me that the
'application/xcon-conference-info+xml' MIME type supports all the new
elements defined in the XCON data model. These words should be state
clearly in some part of the document.  

I also would state clearly in some part of the document the following
sentence:

"All subscribers and notifiers implementing the XCON event package MUST
support the MIME media type 'application/conference-info+xml' defined in
the SIPPING event packages and the MIME media type
'application/xcon-conference-info+xml' defined in this document."

Thanks,

Oscar
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: Srivatsa Srinivasan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 07:40:39 -0700

Oscar,

Thanks for the comments.

Adding introductory text about the document should be easy. Regarding the second comment, Section 6 (below) points out that the centralized data model be used for this event package, but we can enforce that with normative text. And the third comment is just a rewording of the second statement below and the next revision will have it.

   "This document defines a new media type 'application/
   xcon-conference-info+xml' for supporting the data model for
   centralized conferencing for which the XML schema (data format) is
   defined in [3].  Implementations MUST follow all sections of [2] not
   related directly to the data model.  These include, but are not
   limited to, Section 3, Section 4 (see annotations below), Section 8
   and Section 9.1."

Regards,
Srivatsa.