Subject: [XCON] Preliminary Minutes

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 10:00:47 -0800

[as chair]

Preliminary minutes for this weeks' face-to-face XCON meeting are 
available at http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/minutes/xcon.txt

Please review the minutes and submit any proposed corrections to the 
chairs before Friday, December 14th.

/a

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: "Oscar Novo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:11:57 +0100

Hello,

You can fetch the new Data model draft from:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-08
.txt

Summary of the main modifications:

Persistent list issue:

Our proposal is to leave the persistent information in the data model
and mapped this information using the 'unique conference user
identifier' (XCON_USERID).

Roles issue:

Apparently I'm the only one who oppose to include the roles in the data
model. So, in the new version we'll include the following roles:  "none"
(just to indicate any role is assigned; use in the <conference-time>
element), "administrator", "moderator", "user", "observer", and
"participant". It's possible to extent roles with more values in the
future. 

Mary, you were the responsable to summarize the pre-defined nouns for
roles. Do you think this roles are fine or you would like to propose
another ones?

Clarification of the language tag issue:

This is the new text for the language element:

"The <language> element indicates the predominant language that is
expected to be employed within a conference. This element is not
enforcing the language of the conference, only informs to the
participants about the desirable language that they should used in the
conference. Participants are free to switch to other languages if they
like."

Cheers,

Oscar