Subject: [XCON] Fwd: Review of application/ccmp+xml

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:08:11 -0500

FYI. Subsequent discussion will occur on the ietf-types mail list.  To join:

     https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

- Alan -
co-chair XCON

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Review of application/ccmp+xml
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:03:53 -0500
From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I would like to request a review of the application/ccmp+xml MIME type,
registered in Section 12.3 of draft-ietf-xcon-ccmp-07:

     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-xcon-ccmp-10

The document has completed WGLC in the XCON Working Group.

Thanks,
Alan Johnston
co-chair XCON WG

- - - -

12.3. MIME Media Type Registration for 'application/ccmp+xml'

   This section registers the "application/ccmp+xml" MIME type.

   To:  [email-masked]
   Subject:  Registration of MIME media type application/ccmp+xml
   MIME media type name:  application
   MIME subtype name:  ccmp+xml
   Required parameters:  (none)
   Optional parameters:  charset
      Indicates the character encoding of enclosed XML for which the
      default is UTF-8.
   Encoding considerations:  Uses XML, which can employ 8-bit
      characters, depending on the character encoding used.  See RFC
      3023 [RFC3023], section 3.2.
   Security considerations:  This content type is designed to carry
      protocol data related conference control.  Some of the data could
      be considered private and thus should be protected.
   Interoperability considerations:  None.
   Published specification:  RFC XXXX [[NOTE TO IANA/RFC-EDITOR: Please
      replace XXXX with the RFC number for this specification.]]
   Applications which use this media type:  Centralized Conferencing
      control clients and servers.
   Additional Information:  Magic Number(s): (none)
      File extension(s): .xml
      Macintosh File Type Code(s): (none)
   Person & email address to contact for further information:  Mary
      Barnes <[email-masked]>
   Intended usage:  LIMITED USE
   Author/Change controller:  The IETF
   Other information:  This media type is a specialization of
      application/xml [RFC3023], and many of the considerations
      described there also apply to application/ccmp+xml.