Subject: [xmpp] Fwd: Re: [precis] XMPP addresses

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:59:10 -0600

FYI, I have updated my individual draft about JID internationalization.
This document has two audiences: the PRECIS WG and the XMPP WG. If we
are ever going to obsolete draft-ietf-xmpp-address (legacy stringprep
stuff), we'll need to have input from the PRECIS WG and consensus here.
I'll be presenting about this during the PRECIS session at IETF 79 and
feedback is welcome on this list before then (or after if you can't find
the time). I'd be especially interested in having a few people in the
XMPP WG read not only this document but also *all* of the referenced
specifications, because as I've discovered it takes a long time to
understand i18n issues (not that I claim to fully understand them
myself). We need more i18n clue in our community, and I hope this
document gets us started down that path.

Rant over. :)

/psa

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [precis] XMPP addresses
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:52:25 -0600
From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

On 10/22/10 9:29 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 09:20:58AM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> Would it be helpful for me to update my old draft on XMPP addresses for
>> discussion in Beijing?
> 
> It would be to me, anyway.

Ask, and ye shall receive! :)

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-saintandre-xmpp-i18n-02.txt