Subject: [xmpp] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-srv-02.txt

From: Kim Alvefur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 01:40:05 +0100

Neat, SRV genericness!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-srv-02.txt
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:46:39 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named
Entities Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities
(DANE) TLSA records with SRV and MX records.
	Author(s)       : Tony Finch
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-srv-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   The DANE specification [RFC6698] describes how to use TLSA resource
   records in the DNS to associate a server's host name with its TLS
   certificate.  The association is secured with DNSSEC.  Some
   application protocols can use SRV records [RFC2782] to indirectly
   name the server hosts for a service domain.  (SMTP uses MX records
   for the same purpose.)  This specification gives generic instructions
   for how these application protocols locate and use TLSA records.
   Separate documents give the details that are specific to particular
   application protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-srv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dane-srv-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dane-srv-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:52:52 -0700

> Neat, SRV genericness!

Yes, Matt Miller and I intend to align our XMPP-DNA work with the
dane-srv work, but we ran out of time for the I-D cutoff. Expect some
work along these lines before too long.

Peter

- -- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/