Subject: [xmpp] FOSDEM 2017 and XMPP Summit 21 dates

From: Ralph Meijer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 16:49:02 +0200

Hi all,

The FOSDEM organization has announced the dates for the 2017 edition:
Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 February. As usual, we will try to arrange for
having another Realtime Lounge, as well as a devroom, as soon as the
Call for Participation happens. Of course, you can already start
thinking about:

 * Your demo for the Realtime Lounge (if allocated). Anything related to
XMPP or other open realtime protocols or technology goes. IoT stuff is
always a great thing to show off something as abstract as protocols.

 * Your talk, presentation, etc., for the devroom (if allocated).

 * Your main track or lightning talk.

Additionally, I am proud to announce that the XSF is once again
organizing an XMPP Summit, for the 21st time. The dates are Thursday 2
and Friday 3 February.

Usually, we spend these days talking about XMPP protocols in plenary
sessions. However, this year, we wanted to settle on the dates as soon
as possible to have plenty of time to do other things. We could have
parallel sessions, BoFs, (invited?) talks from people outside our
community, coding or interop sessions, you name it. In fact:

  You name it!

If you have any suggestions for things we could do at the XMPP Summit,
let me know, or write them down on our shiny new wiki page:

  https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Summit_21

Please also consider sponsoring the traditional XMPP Dinner, most likely
on Thursday evening, or the XSF in general. You can contact me or any
other Board member on this.

So, jot down the dates for FOSDEM and the XMPP Summit in your calendar,
and sign up as participant at this wiki page, so we can look into Hotel
discounts and generally prepare for another great Summit.

I hope to see a lot of you in Brussels, again.

-- 
Cheers,

ralphm