Subject: Re: [xrblock] APPSDIR review of draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability-09

From: "Huangyihong (Rachel)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 02:05:10 +0000

Dear Enrico,

Thanks for your review. Please see my replies inline.

Best Regards!
Rachel

-----Original Message-----
From: Enrico Marocco [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:48 PM
To: [email-masked]; ??tools.ietf.org
Subject: APPSDIR review of draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability-09

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for
this draft (for background on appsdir, please see
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate ).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability-09
Title: RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for MPEG2
Transport Stream (TS) Program Specific Information (PSI) Independent
Decodability Statistics Metrics reporting
Reviewer: Enrico Marocco
Review Date: 2013-03-19
IETF Last Call Date: Unknown
IESG Telechat Date: Unknown

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a Standards Track RFC.
From an APPS point of view there no issues with this document, but a
bunch of nits the RFC Editor would have spotted anyway.

Nits:

General note: ETSI TR 101 290 is mentioned in several places throughout
the document. It should be replaced with the actual reference ([ETSI]).

[Rachel]: Okay.

Abstract: The last sentence is really hard to read. I'm not sure I
entirely understand what it means, so I'll let it up to the authors to
propose a better wording.

[Rachel]: How about changing to the following sentence?

"
This document defines an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block that allows the reporting of MPEG2 TS Program Specific Information (PSI) Independent decodability statistics metrics for applications using transmissions of MPEG2 TS over RTP. 

"

S. 3, "Reserved" definition: s/senders ignored/senders and ignored/

[Rachel]: Okay.