Subject: [xrblock] Protocol Action: 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Blocks for Synchronization Delay and Offset Metrics Reporting' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-synchronization-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 09:19:40 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Blocks for
   Synchronization Delay and Offset Metrics Reporting'
  (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-synchronization-09.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's
Extended Report Framework Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Richard Barnes.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-synchronization/

Technical Summary

This draft defines a new block type to augment those defined in
[RFC3611] for use in a range of RTP applications. The new block type
supports the report computing the bytes discarded from the
de-jitter buffer after successful reception.

Working Group Summary

There were several points of debate within the working group; however,
none were particularly rough and authors and commentators came up
with the text that resolves any issues thus consensus was achieved in
all cases.

Document Quality

This document has been reviewed by numerous people within
XRBLOCK through two rounds of WGLCs, the document
resolved any outstanding issues.

The document has been reviewed by SDP directorate post WGLC
for SDP extensions defined, any issues raised were resolved.

The document has been reviewed by PM directorate post WGLC
and any issues raised were resolved.

Personnel

Shida Schubert is the Document Shepherd.
Gonzalo Camarillo is the Responsible Area Director.