Subject: [yaco-idsubmit-tool] Test driving the new id-submission tool

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:40:11 +0100

Hello, and welcome.

This mailing list is for information about and discussion of the new
ID-submission tool.  It is currently running in a beta version on a
separate beta server, so nothing that you upload will actually hit
the draft repository or be registered in the ietf production database.

Please bang on it and send questions and comments to this list.

The developer (Emilio) is also on this list, so comments and questions
will be directly available to him.

The beta server URL is

   http://beta.submit.yaco.es/submit/

I hope you'll like this one better than the current, and that it will
perform much better.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 00:41:03 +0100

Hi Emilio,

It looks as if you're using a very outdated copy of idnits in the beta
server -- idnits 2.09.01 (09 Oct 2008).  The current version is 2.12.07,
and there's been changes in the required boilerplate since 2008, so the
testing will probably work better with an up-to-date version of idnits
in place ...

You can get the latest from http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits

Best,

	Henrik

Subject: Re: [yaco-idsubmit-tool] Test driving the new id-submission tool
From: varun singh <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 23:28:46 +0200
List-Id: Discussion of the Yaco / I-D Submission Tool Project <yaco-idsubmit-tool.ietf.org>

Hi,

I tried submitting the document using the new submission tool but the
page didn't proceed beyond the meta data page. I guess due to errors
as there were no visible indicators if something failed except

>Check Page
>
>Your draft has NOT been verified to meet IDNITS requirements. (View IDNITS Results)

On clicking the IDINITS results page it shows (4 errors):
idnits 2.09.01 (09 Oct 2008)
/var/www/docs/staging/draft-singh-avtcore-mprtp-00.txt:

Instead of pasting the errors in the mail, I've posted them at:
http://pastebin.com/fdFY76HK. I get the same IDNITS errors for the
xml2rfc installed on my mac v1.35 and the web version. Perhaps there
is some error in my xml template?

Not knowing how to proceed, I decided to cancel the submission.

Regards,
Varun
_______________________________________________
yaco-idsubmit-tool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/yaco-idsubmit-tool