Subject: Re: [yaco-idsubmit-tool] Test driving the new id-submission tool

From: varun singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 23:28:46 +0200

Hi,

I tried submitting the document using the new submission tool but the
page didn't proceed beyond the meta data page. I guess due to errors
as there were no visible indicators if something failed except

>Check Page
>
>Your draft has NOT been verified to meet IDNITS requirements. (View IDNITS Results)

On clicking the IDINITS results page it shows (4 errors):
idnits 2.09.01 (09 Oct 2008)
/var/www/docs/staging/draft-singh-avtcore-mprtp-00.txt:

Instead of pasting the errors in the mail, I've posted them at:
http://pastebin.com/fdFY76HK. I get the same IDNITS errors for the
xml2rfc installed on my mac v1.35 and the web version. Perhaps there
is some error in my xml template?

Not knowing how to proceed, I decided to cancel the submission.

Regards,
Varun

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 00:43:53 +0100

Hi Varun,

The idnits version is old, and should be updated.  I don't know if
that will make the test submission with your particular test document
go better, but if it's produced with a current version of xml2rfc it
shouldn't have any troubles.  Please try again as soon as the version
of idnits used on the beta server has been updated, and let us know
how things go.

Best,

	Henrik

On 2011-02-25 22:28 varun singh said the following:
> _______________________________________________
> yaco-idsubmit-tool mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/yaco-idsubmit-tool
>