Subject: [yam] Another thought on the template

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:33:13 -0400

After thinking about this a little more, and reflecting back on
the long period of discussions before we moved into a charter
proposal, I think that we need to stay tightly focused on
objectives and avoid having things in the template (or
elsewhere) that might be distractions.  Put more specifically:

The YAM objective, reflected in the Charter, is only to move
documents from Draft to Full Standard, not to invent and examine
other requirements.  Let's reinforce that, and remind WG
participants, by including the relevant requirements excerpts
from 2026 in the template and by removing anything, such as the
interoperability statement pointer, that is not part of this
stage of advancement in maturity level.

Just a proposal, but one that I think may be essential to our
trying to make the sort of fast-track progress that we intend
and anticipate.

    john

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:18:48 +0100

>stage of advancement in maturity level.
John, while you are correct as far as process is concerned, most IESG 
members are at least curious about the implementation report. So 
actually having the pointer would help me.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:22:12 +0100

> actually having the pointer would help me.

Maybe this needs a bit more context: when I recently was the responsible 
AD for moving EPP from Draft to Full, there were some changes in the 
document that required update to the implementation report. But 
hopefully this wouldn't apply to YAM document.