Subject: [yam] Last Call for YAM shutdown

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:03:49 +0800

I plan to send the message in approximately 24 hours to shutdown YAM, 
leaving the mailing list open. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

pr

-- 
Pete Resnick<http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 23:45:55 -0800

Hi Pete,
At 22:03 21-11-2011, Pete Resnick wrote:
>I plan to send the message in approximately 24 hours to shutdown 
>YAM, leaving the mailing list open. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

In a message posted on August 12 [1], the YAM WG co-chairs determined 
that there was consensus on shutting down the working group.

I suggest leaving the issues in the tracker open as they may be of 
use to people working on these RFCs in future.  Could you please 
change the status of draft-ietf-yam-5321bis-smtp-pre-evaluation-05 to Expired?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy
YAM WG co-chair

1. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/yam/current/msg00737.html

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 20:07:52 +0800

> that there was consensus on shutting down the working group.

Yes, just closing the loop.

> I suggest leaving the issues in the tracker open as they may be of use 
> to people working on these RFCs in future.

I think this is OK. I'll be sure to ask the secretariat.

> Could you please change the status of 
> draft-ietf-yam-5321bis-smtp-pre-evaluation-05 to Expired?

I think you mean "Dead". "Expired" is based entirely on the date of the 
draft, whereas "Dead" in the DataTracker means that it is no longer a 
watched item.

I will do so.

pr