Subject: [yang-doctors] Introducing the new Datatracker Review Tracking tool for YANG Module Reviews

From: "Mehmet Ersue" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 20:37:43 +0100

Dear YANG Doctors,

as discussed with Benoit this mail is to introduce the new datatracker
review tracking tool for YANG module reviews. 

The updated entry page for YANG Doctors team is at:
https://www.ietf.org/iesg/directorate/yang-doctors.html

The entry page of the YANG review tracking tool is at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/dir/yangdoctors/about/ 

Some of you know the review tracking tool already from OPS-DIR reviews. 

The usual process for YANG Doctor's reviews using the new datatracker tool
is summarized below.

A) ADs, WG chairs or draft authors request the review of a YANG module on
Datatracker.

   - Sign in on Datatracker:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/login/?next=/

   - Go to the draft page (example):
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount/ 

   - Click on the button "Review request" which brings you to (example):
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount/reviewreques
t/ 

   - Choose the type of review (Early, LC, Telechat) and set a recommended
deadline

   - If required propose a reviewer in comments.

B) YANG secretary assigns the requested review to a reviewer.

   - Datatracker generates an email to the reviewer indicating the draft
with the YANG module and the review deadline.

   - All assigned open review requests and closed review requests can be
always listed at: https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/yangdoctors/reviews/ 

   Notes: 

   - Datatracker proposes a reviewer using based on the round robin
approach.

   - YANG doctors can enter their availability into their datatracker
account profile to avoid wrong assignments. 

C) The reviewer enters the review result into the review tool.

   - The reviewer goes to the draft review request page at (example):
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-syslog-model/reviewreques
t/8317/ 

   - Clicks on "Complete review"

   - Enters state, reviewed revision, and the review result.

   - In case the reviewer enters the review result directly into the tool or
uploads a text file, the tool generates an email to YANG Doctors maillist,
draft authors and the related WG maillist.

Z) YANG doctors secretary will send a weekly summary of requested and
ongoing reviews to YANG doctors maillist. 

The first summary mail will be send out in parallel to this mail.

Notes:

- Old review assignments on the current review history page
(https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ops/wiki/yang-doctors-review-history) will be
migrated to the datatracker tool by the admin soon. The old page will be
used for external review requests only.

- The Wiki page for the YANG review process will be updated within a week
based on the collected feedback.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and comments.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Mehmet

(YANG Doctors Secretary)

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 09:05:26 +0100

Thanks Mehmet.

Dear all,
Feel free to insert a picture at 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/dir/yangdoctors/photos/.
That would help the community find you.

Regards, Benoit
> The usual process for YANG Doctor’s reviews using the new datatracker 
> tool is summarized below.
>
> A) ADs, WG chairs or draft authors request the review of a YANG module 
> on Datatracker.
>
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount/reviewrequest/ 
>
>
>    - Choose the type of review (Early, LC, Telechat) and set a 
> recommended deadline
>
>    - Datatracker generates an email to the reviewer indicating the 
> draft with the YANG module and the review deadline.
>
>    - All assigned open review requests and closed review requests can 
> be always listed at: 
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/yangdoctors/reviews/
>
>    Notes:
>
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-syslog-model/reviewrequest/8317/ 
>
>
>    - In case the reviewer enters the review result directly into the 
> tool or uploads a text file, the tool generates an email to YANG 
> Doctors maillist, draft authors and the related WG maillist.
>
> (https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ops/wiki/yang-doctors-review-history) will 
> be migrated to the datatracker tool by the admin soon. The old page 
> will be used for external review requests only.
>
> - The Wiki page for the YANG review process will be updated within a 
> week based on the collected feedback.
>