Subject: Re: [yang-doctors] List key model definition order and results w/ pyang/yanglint

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 16:42:52 +0100

On 1/30/2018 2:12 AM, Ebben Aries wrote:
>>> Personally, from a BCP standpoint, defining list keys first eases
>>> readability and want to solicit others thoughts on this (rather than
>>> nested down in the list or via a grouping reference further down).
>> I agree.
>>
> Should we add text to rfc6087bis to suggest such?  Any reason not to?
If no YANG doctor opposes this, then Andy can you please add it to 
RFC6087bis.

Regards, Benoit.

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 08:02:38 -0800

> If no YANG doctor opposes this, then Andy can you please add it to
What if the nodes are defined in a grouping and the node desired for a key
is not first?

What if the designer wants multiple ways to index operational data (ala
RMON SDMatrix, DSMatrix)

Then this fragile crappy little rule breaks the YANG module

This has been a requirement (support sending keys first) since the first
draft of 6020

Seems like buggy tools need to be fixed instead

> Regards, Benoit.
Andy