Subject: [yang-doctors] Yangdoctors early review of draft-ietf-tcpm-yang-tcp-06

From: Ebben Aries via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 16:52:36 -0800

Reviewer: Ebben Aries
Review result: On the Right Track

1 module in this draft:
- [email-masked]

YANG compiler errors or warnings (pyang 2.5.2, yanglint 2.0.112, yangson 1.4.13)
- No compiler errors or warnings.  Instance data verified with features

Module [email-masked]:
- Overall the module is concise and conforms to the guidelines put forth in
  RFC8409.  Only a few minor nits as well as some comments and questions on
  the draft itself
- L#91 - Is there any reason to put a range that covers the entire uint8
  space?
- L#104 - Same as L#91

General comments on the draft/modules:
- The title is "A YANG Model for TCP Configuration" however the intent is to
  cover TCP connection tables and statistics.  While configuration parameters
  are introduced, is it not likely that as the model progresses will encompass
  additional state over time?  I would suggest readjusting wording to
  accomodate that this is not only geared towards configuration of TCP
  parameters (which multiple sections concentrate on) and more to TCP
  configuration, connection tables and state

- Section 3.3 - Tree Diagram.  If you are calling out this section is only for
  the abridged version you may want to include a reference to the full diagram
  in Appendix C

- Appendix B.2 - Use IPv6 addresses from the documentation prefixes defined
  inRFC3849 (draft-ietf-tcpm-ao-test-vectors should be updated accordingly as
  well)

- Understood that it is mentioned in the introduction this is a minimal set of
  features but statistics wise, there are currently only aggregate/global TCP
  statistics defined. Has there been any consideration for per-connection
  statistics and additional attributes much like outputs of `ss -tpi`
  (processes, counters, mss, pmtu, congestion ctl alg, etc..)? Or is the
  intent this will be served by a future version or separate
  module/augmentation at a later date?