Subject: [Yang-multicast] Potential PIM-SM interface config leaves

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 14:01:41 -0700

Hi

Here are leaves I think are worth consideration for interface
configuration.

How about each of us commenting whether we think it is useful in
the model. And if from a vendor, also whether it is configurable
(via CLI or other means) in your implementations today.

Also, are there other things you want to add? I know some of you
have other things in your models.

Items that are implemented by everyone could be mandatory, while
others either features or left out of the model. I think the
decision here should be based on how many implemented it and how
useful it is.

 From PIM MIB RFC 5060. Focusing on what applies to SM. Ignoring
DM, Bidir and BSR for now.

     pimInterfaceDRPriority

     pimInterfaceHelloInterval

     pimInterfaceTrigHelloInterval
         Probably not this one

     pimInterfaceHelloHoldtime

     pimInterfaceJoinPruneInterval

     pimInterfaceJoinPruneHoldtime

     pimInterfacePropagationDelay

     pimInterfaceOverrideInterval

Other items

     Neighbor filter, ACL specifying which neighbor addresses to accept

Stig