Subject: [Yang-multicast] multicast YANG design team meeting

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 10:17:16 -0700

Hi

I have now tried to set up a recurring meeting every 2nd Wednesday for
2 hours, starting this Wednesday. I think you can add it to your
calendars if you go to the webex link prior to the meeting. See
details below.

If you haven't done so, please join the mailing list. See email I
sent out a few days ago. It is hard to ensure that everyone gets
all the emails unless you are on the list. I plan to stop sending
emails to you directly and start using just the list. I'm also copying
the list here.

I'm looking into setting up a wiki.

Stig

Webex details:

-- Do not delete or change any of the following text. --

JOIN WEBEX MEETING
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=m542a7d2527b70b85e8b12dc9b9949a1c
Meeting number:   205 567 324
Meeting password: yang

If you are the host, you can use the meeting host key to pass the host 
privilege to another participant or to start the meeting from a video 
conferencing system or application. To find the host key for this 
meeting, go here:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=m083bd109fb57af5ae32e41102e8a2bc7

JOIN BY PHONE
+1-866-432-9903 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
+1-408-525-6800 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Access code: 205 567 324

Global call-in numbers:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=311868957&tollFree=1

Toll-free dialing restrictions:
http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf

Can't join the meeting? Contact support here:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/mc

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and 
other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be 
discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you 
automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being 
recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 11:01:22 -0700

Hi

I hope you have all joined the mailing list now. I'm sending this last
email to all of you and not just the list.

For this meeting I suggest we do two things.

Up to one hour on general discussion. Anish (see attached email) asked
about scope. We should discuss a bit which models we want to work on,
and also if we need a generic model (stats, routes, groups etc) in
addition to a PIM SM model. Other things he mentioned are MSDP,
snooping, MVPN... Also it would be good to discuss what people think
of the draft draft-liu-pim-yang and the draft attached to Anish's email.

Then I think we should spend at least one hour discussing YANG PIM-SM
model and try to conclude on at least some details. I suggested last
time that we look at PIM-SM interface config. So great if you can look
at these drafts and compare with what PIM-SM interface configuration you
allow in your implementations, or as an operator, what you would like to
be able to configure.

E.g. in draft-liu-pim-yang we have figure 12:

         |     +--rw pim-sm-interfaces
          |        +--rw pim-sm-interface* [vrf-name address-family if-name]
          |           +--rw vrf-name                 string
          |           +--rw address-family           enumeration
          |           +--rw if-name                  if-name
          |           +--rw pim-sm-enable            boolean
          |           +--rw dr-priority?             uint32
          |           +--rw hello-interval?          uint16
          |           +--rw hello-holdtime?          uint16
          |           +--rw hello-override?          uint16
          |           +--rw hello-lan-delay?         uint16
          |           +--rw jp-timer-interval?       uint16
          |           +--rw jp-holdtime?             uint16
          |           +--rw jp-ply-name?             string
          |           +--rw jp-ply-ipv6?             string
          |           +--rw jp-asm-ply-name?         string
          |           +--rw jp-asm-ply-ipv6?         string
          |           +--rw jp-ssm-ply-name?         string
          |           +--rw jp-ssm-ply-ipv6?         string
          |           +--rw nbr-ply-name?            string
          |           +--rw nbr-ply-ipv6?            string
          |           +--rw assert-holdtime?         uint16
          |           +--rw require-gen-id?          boolean
          |           +--rw pim-bsr-boundary?        enumeration
          |           +--rw bfd-enable?              boolean
          |           +--rw bfd-min-tx?              uint16
          |           +--rw bfdminrx?                uint16
          |           +--rw bfd-multiplier?          uint8
          |           +--rw is-silent?               boolean
          |           +--rw is-dr-swt-delay?         boolean
          |           +--rw dr-swt-delay-interval?   uint16
          |           +--rw ipsec-name?              string
          |           +--rw ipsec-type?              enumeration

We should discuss which of these we think should be in a PIM SM
Yang model, and the correct data types. IT might be that some of
these don't belong in the model, or should be features. For the
data types, what numeric range should be allowed.

I guess a couple of more general questions we should consider are:

I'm also curious about the use of boolean vs empty. Are there
reasons for using one or the other? For interfaces, should we
augment the IETF routing protocols and maybe use a type something
like this?

type leafref {
                  path "../../../../../../rt:interfaces/rt:interface/"
                     + "rt:name";
                }
Or interface model, something like if:interface-ref?

Stig

Subject: Re: Summary from initial YANG multicast meeting
From: Anish Peter <[email-masked]>
To: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>, Guofeng <[email-masked]>, "Steve Baillargeon" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Liuyisong <[email-masked]>, Mike McBride <[email-masked]>, Xufeng Liu <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Robert Kebler <[email-masked]>, Mike Davison <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "William Atwood" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "Dolganow, Andrew (Andrew)" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "Jethwani, Sunil" <[email-masked]>, LUI
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 18:41:56 +0000

Hi,
 We have a pim config yang model which we consider is more modular, inclusive and lean. I am here by attaching it. Please take a look into it as an input for development. 
 Regarding the next steps, I guess it will be good if we could scope the entire yang work that we plan to cover. This would help us get more modular. 
 As such I feel we should have 3 major yang modules to start with
1. PIM Yang tree
2. IGMP/MLDP Yang tree (Guess a combined tree is better)
3. Multicast Yang tree (Comprising generic multicast elements such as stats, routes, group assignment/management, etc. . .)
  Do we have any plans to extend into mvpn, msdp, snooping, etc. . .?
Thanks,
Anish
________________________________________
From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:33 PM
To: Guofeng; Steve Baillargeon
Cc: Liuyisong; Mike McBride; Xufeng Liu; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Robert Kebler; Anish Peter; Mike Davison; [email-masked]'; William Atwood; [email-masked]; Dolganow, Andrew (Andrew); [email-masked]; Jethwani, Sunil; LUIS MIGUEL CONTRERAS MURILLO; Ignas Bagdonas; Nataraj Bacthu (nbatchu); Nagendra Kumar Nainar (naikumar); KUNDU, Tanmoy (Tanmoy)
Subject: Summary from initial YANG multicast meeting

Hi

I think this should reach all of you. Also if you want to send an email
to everyone, it is probably easiest to do replay all here.

I'm attaching the slides from the meeting here. And here is a brief
summary.

We will start out meeting the same time bi-weekly. So next call is
the same time as today. We will be meeting 1-2 hours as needed.

I will try to get an IETF mailing list for us.

We should set up a wiki where everyone can contribute. I will see if
the IETF YANG wiki can be used. Slides and recording from the meeting
should be put there.

Everyone should join IETF YANG mailing lists and check the YANG wiki.
Someone please email links to the group.

Xufeng Liu will help out with some of the coordination tasks. I will
discuss with him.

By the next meeting it is good if people read the two drafts
draft-liu-pim-yang-cfg-01 and draft-liu-pim-igmp-mld-yang-01. We should
find out whether we can revise these or if we prefer new drafts.

We should develop multiple smaller models. Consider working on multiple
models in parallel.

In the next meeting we will focus on discussing what leaves we want for
PIM interface configuration.

Please comment on this. I may have missed some details or got some of
them wrong. I recorded the meeting. I think I should get an email with a
link to it that I can share, but haven't gotten it yet.

Stig

---

From: Xufeng Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 17:57:03 +0000

Attached please find some unfinished models that we have worked on, which can also be used as references for our discussions, along with the two useful drafts from Yisong.

Thanks,

- Xufeng

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Stig Venaas [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, May 01, 2015 1:17 PM
> Cc: Liuyisong; Mike McBride; Xufeng Liu; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]; Robert Kebler; Anish Peter; Mike Davison;
> [email-masked]'; William Atwood; [email-masked]; Dolganow, Andrew
> (Andrew); [email-masked]; Jethwani, Sunil; LUIS MIGUEL
> CONTRERAS MURILLO; Ignas Bagdonas; Nataraj Bacthu (nbatchu); Nagendra
> Kumar Nainar (naikumar); KUNDU, Tanmoy (Tanmoy); [email-masked]
> Subject: multicast YANG design team meeting
> 
> Hi
> 
> 2 hours, starting this Wednesday. I think you can add it to your calendars if you
> go to the webex link prior to the meeting. See details below.
> 
> If you haven't done so, please join the mailing list. See email I sent out a few
> days ago. It is hard to ensure that everyone gets all the emails unless you are on
> the list. I plan to stop sending emails to you directly and start using just the list.
> I'm also copying the list here.
> 
> If you are the host, you can use the meeting host key to pass the host privilege
> to another participant or to start the meeting from a video conferencing system
> or application. To find the host key for this meeting, go here:
> discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent
> to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your
> concerns with the host or do not join the session.
> 
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 17:16:00 +0800

Hi Stig, Guo feng and yisong

We also have a unfinished modules, please check the attachment. Thanks

We have several comments about the PIM SM interface part of the draft 
draft-liu-pim-yang.

(1)It is better that the address family(IPv4, IPv6) shoule be outside of 
the interface container.(We agree with Xufeng Liu's solution) .Actually 
,we hava two documents to define IPv4 PIM and IPv6 PIM 
separately(Attached).

(2) The hello-holdtime node is not necessary. As the specification 
defining: "The Holdtime in a Hello Message should be set to (3.5 * 
Hello_Period), giving a default value of 105 seconds". The hold time could 
be calculated based on the hello interval time. So we suggest to delete 
this node.

(3) The BFD parameters(bfd-min-tx, bfdminrx, bfd-multiplier) and IPSEC 
parameters(ipsec-name, ipsec-type) are suggested to move to BFD module and 
IPSEC module respectively. We only need to define the bfd-enable function 
in the interface here.

(4) One node added: jp-max-packet-length, it is used to configure the max 
length of Join/Prune packet.

(5) We suggest to add the FRR enable function.

(6) We think that the nodes"jp-ply-name","jp-asm-ply-name", and 
"jp-ssm-ply-name" could be merged to one node "data-filter-acl".

(7) We think the PIM-SM and PIM-DM should be defined together. Because 
most of the nodes for PIM-SM and PIM-DM are the same. We define the PIM 
container and have pimsm and pimdm node to enable/disable pimsm and pimdm 
protocol.

Fangwei.
Regards.

Stig Venaas <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  "Yang-multicast" <[email-masked]>
2015-05-06 02:01

收件人
Guofeng <[email-masked]>, Steve Baillargeon 
<[email-masked]>
抄送
"Dolganow, Andrew \(Andrew\)" <[email-masked]>, Anish 
Peter <[email-masked]>, "Nagendra Kumar Nainar \(naikumar\)" 
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Mike 
Davison <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" 
<[email-masked]>, LUIS MIGUEL CONTRERAS MURILLO 
<[email-masked]>, Mike McBride 
<[email-masked]>, William Atwood <[email-masked]>, 
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Robert Kebler 
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked], "Nataraj 
Bacthu \(nbatchu\)" <[email-masked]>, "KUNDU, Tanmoy \(Tanmoy\)" 
<[email-masked]>, "Jethwani, Sunil" 
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, 
Ignas Bagdonas <[email-masked]>, Liuyisong 
<[email-masked]>, Xufeng Liu <[email-masked]>
主题
Re: [Yang-multicast] multicast YANG design team meeting

Hi

          |        +--rw pim-sm-interface* [vrf-name address-family 
if-name]

type leafref {

Stig

-----来自 Anish Peter <[email-masked]> 的消息，在 Thu, 23 Apr 2015 
18:41:56 +0000 -----
收件人:
Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>, Guofeng <[email-masked]>, "Steve 
Baillargeon" <[email-masked]>
抄送:
Liuyisong <[email-masked]>, Mike McBride 
<[email-masked]>, Xufeng Liu <[email-masked]>, 
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>, Robert Kebler <[email-masked]>, Mike Davison 
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, 
"William Atwood" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>, "Dolganow, Andrew (Andrew)" 
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>, "Jethwani, Sunil" 
<[email-masked]>, LUIS MIGUEL CONTRERAS MURILLO 
<[email-masked]>, Ignas Bagdonas 
<[email-masked]>, "Nataraj Bacthu (nbatchu)" <[email-masked]>, 
"Nagendra Kumar Nainar (naikumar)" <[email-masked]>, "KUNDU, Tanmoy 
(Tanmoy)" <[email-masked]>
主题:
Re: Summary from initial YANG multicast meeting

Hi,
 We have a pim config yang model which we consider is more modular, 
inclusive and lean. I am here by attaching it. Please take a look into it 
as an input for development. 
 Regarding the next steps, I guess it will be good if we could scope the 
entire yang work that we plan to cover. This would help us get more 
modular. 
 As such I feel we should have 3 major yang modules to start with
1. PIM Yang tree
2. IGMP/MLDP Yang tree (Guess a combined tree is better)
3. Multicast Yang tree (Comprising generic multicast elements such as 
stats, routes, group assignment/management, etc. . .)
  Do we have any plans to extend into mvpn, msdp, snooping, etc. . .?
Thanks,
Anish
________________________________________
From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:33 PM
To: Guofeng; Steve Baillargeon
Cc: Liuyisong; Mike McBride; Xufeng Liu; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; Robert Kebler; Anish Peter; Mike Davison; 
[email-masked]'; William Atwood; [email-masked]; Dolganow, Andrew 
(Andrew); [email-masked]; Jethwani, Sunil; LUIS MIGUEL 
CONTRERAS MURILLO; Ignas Bagdonas; Nataraj Bacthu (nbatchu); Nagendra 
Kumar Nainar (naikumar); KUNDU, Tanmoy (Tanmoy)
Subject: Summary from initial YANG multicast meeting

Hi

Stig
_______________________________________________
Yang-multicast mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/yang-multicast